Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Let's talk about The X-Files, cause...it's time. (spoilers)

***This blog post contains spoilers about The X-Files. If you don't want to know about stuff, then you know what to do.***

Hi nice people of the blog world!

It's been difficult for me to get my shit together and write blog posts for a bit. In fact, I haven't written anything about anything in about six months. Sad, but true.

Anyway, as many of you know, I've always been a big fan of The X-Files. I did an entire A to Z month of X-Files posts right before they brought the series back in 2016.

I love this show and the characters.
I just do.


Season 10 came along, 6 whole episodes, and they were good, but not amazing. Not the level of awesome I had come to expect from the show. But, it had been a few years and everyone was excited to get the show back on, so I tried not to be too critical.

Related image

Then Season 11 was proposed for 2018. 10 episodes of new X-Files goodness. I had the HUSBAND record them all on the DVR so I could binge watch them.

Image result for x-files season 11

So, I watch the first episode and I almost lost my mind. The writers did something so egregious that I literally could not believe what I was seeing.

Here is that spoiler I was talking about....

They want me to believe that Cigarette-Smoking-Man is really the father of Scully and Mulder's son, William.

I was crushed. I was befuddled. How could they?

For years I've been watching Scully and Mulder struggle to find their way to each other, then be tortured by the bad guys, and even more by the REALLY bad guys, their own bosses and government.

I waited for years for Scully and Mulder to finally get together. Then, they have Baby William and the three of them couldn't have been any cuter.

Related image

What the f--K?

Like having Cigarette-Smoking-Man turn out to be Mulder's biological father wasn't enough for me to swallow. Now, he's William's biological father?

No. No. No.

Instead of Mulder's son, William is his brother? 

I can't do it. I can't. It goes against everything I love about the show.

I don't even know where they intended to go with their 'plot twist'. I have yet to watch the other nine episodes. I'm not sure I can.

So, I'm going to let it go for now and pretend that Season 11, Episode 1 didn't happen. Kind of like Alien 3 and Indiana Jones 4.

Hope you guys aren't too shocked. I tried to warn you!

3 comments:

  1. I hated the first episode and I've not watched the last one because I was told I'd hate it as well. The ones in between were good. But yeah, that William isn't Mulder's son is a blow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched the X-Files, but I know what it's like when a TV show does something you don't like. For example, I always thought McGee and Abby should have been together on NCIS because they clearly loved each other and were jealous of each other's dates for years, and then all of a sudden they say they're "like brother and sister"? No. I stopped watching after that. Well, that and because of the the annoying blonde girl they added after Ziva left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pretend you didn't see that episode and move on. Most of the other ones are good.

    Like you, I've always wanted to see them together. The second movie was awful, but at least Mulder and Scully were finally a couple.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.