Friday, September 23, 2011

Heads UP!

Here's a little PSA that I had to pass along to you guys.

Did you know that the USA may actually get hit with its own space junk today?

A giant satellite is heading towards us right now! 

Don't believe me? Go here

To sum up the article this is what they say: 

A huge, dead satellite tumbling to Earth is falling slower than expected, and may now plummet down somewhere over the United States tonight or early Saturday, despite forecasts that it would miss North America entirely, NASA officials now say.
NASA expects about 26 large pieces of the UARS spacecraft to survive re-entry through Earth's atmosphere and reach the planet's surface. The biggest piece should weigh about 300 pounds. 
So...HEADS UP!
It would be true irony if it landed in Washington, D.C.
 
Thursday - I wrote over 1300 words.
Friday - Had a previous engagement scheduled this morning. Writing did not happen.
Very pleased and I hope I can keep this schedule up next week.
I did, however, miss a blogfest today. :(
Michael Di Gesu held the "What I did on my summer vacation" blogfest today.
Still time to sign up.
I think I may have bored you guys already with my summer escapades so I didn't participate.
But if you missed my inane ramblings you can visit here for our Beach/Hershey trip or here to see Stormy the Weather Gnome report on Hurricane Irene or here to check out the aftermath of Hurricane Irene.
 
One last thing...you can still vote for me, or vote again, for the Your Life...The Reader's Digest Version contest on Facebook here.
I'm going to another parade this weekend and watching college football.
What's everyone else doing? 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not going outside until that thing lands! Which is easy, as I never go anywhere on a Friday night except the movies. Glad you had a productive day on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think reporting your progress is helping to keep your numbers up! good for you!
    space junk, hmm. someone should write a book about it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your poetic justice for the space junk landing, lol.

    Great numbers for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Football, reading, writing, football, football = my weekend plans.

    What?! You're in a contest. *heading over to vote*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great write/rant! Crazy isn't it...

    ooh, a contest, I will vote for you~Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.