Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Writing

I was good yesterday and today. I did do some writing in Murphy.
Happy with some but trying to decide what kind of person each character is can be daunting.
Next thing you know you are doing research on stuff and you have blown 2 hours you were supposed to be writing.
It's one of those vicious cycles, I tell ya!
It's been officially 23 days since I sent the original email to an agent and 11 days since the last one was sent out.
13 agents queried.
4 responses.
This is so hard.
My feelings about the whole thing change so rapidly.
One minute I want to wipe my whole hands of it.
The next I am bitching about the agents.
The next I'm upset that no one likes my book.
It's normal, I hope, but that doesn't make it any better or easier to deal with.
Working on the next book helps but at the same time, why am I bothering?
If no one will read these, why am I spending time doing it?
I know the stories are stuck inside me and I really need to get them out, but maybe spending the time and energy creating books is the wrong way to go about it.
Well, until I know for sure that no one wants to read my books, I guess I should just keep on, keepin' on.
Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.