Saturday, May 29, 2010

Frustrated

Not a squeak from the other agents I sent info to.
It's been a while now.
Long enough to read an email.
I hate that they don't even send a form response.
Just leave people hanging.
Wondering.
I read somewhere that a 'shall remain nameless' good published writer had to send to 10 agents before one chose him.
I suppose that is a good thing for me.
It's tough retaining the confidence that I started out with.
I also read, I do a lot of research, that a good writer will never wonder if their work is good.
Bull-crap.
You may have to write to free yourself of a story or idea in your head, but that doesn't mean it's any good or that you wrote it well or worse, that anyone would want to read it.
People say, don't worry about what others think, do what you want or do what you love.
Well, when you write stories or music it's for others to enjoy, so of course you would care or worry about what others think.
That is kind of the point.
I did go back to Colin and put some more info in. Not sure it was enough or not. Have to think on it some.
Holiday weekend. I know I'm not going to get any writing in now.
So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.